Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Tastes Like Sunshine On Your Tongue Marmalade

Valentine's Day this year was the perfect time when my oranges were ripe and ready to be lovingly made into my Tastes Like Sunshine on My Tongue Marmalade.  There were plenty of lemons on the tree to use, too.  Neither the oranges nor the lemons are large, but they do have thick skins, and I have to use many more than the recipe indicates. 

Using the great ideas from:  http://www.pickyourown.org/marmalade.php, I made 5 1/2 pints.  We like our marmalade with lots of both orange and lemon peel, and I make it with organic orange juice instead of water (so it isn't clear) and organic sugar.  Try it.  You'll love how it tastes like sunshine on your tongue.


2 comments:

  1. GREAT BLOG POST! What a woman you are, and I bet it is the best ever marmalade. Did you do things like this as a child in the kitchen? Keep them coming Becky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still love to do this type of preserving. I'm less keen on the heavy duty vegetable based sauces and much of what I once did from the canner now comes from the freezer. Thanks for the link. I'm heading there now. Have a great evening. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete