Friday, January 11, 2013

Tennis Ladies Brunch at Tampa Wat Mongkolratanaram

We go to Florida in the fall and again in the spring to spend time with our snowbird and Florida friends.  Events get organized quickly.  One Friday afternoon while listening to the weekly musical jam session at the Butt Hutt, someone decided to organize a Sunday morning jaunt to the local Tampa Thai Buddhist Temple: Wat Mongkolratanaram for brunch.  It was ladies only.  Meet at the tennis courts at 10:30 for rides.


Seeing Wat Mongkolratanaram immediately took me back to Bangkok, Thailand. The first time I was there we spent a day riding the local ferry boats on the Chao Phraya River from Wat to Wat.  They were all so different and beautiful.  I especially remember the one with the long reclining Buddha and dropping coins into 99 bowls behind him.  This Thai Buddhist Temple is very much like those you would find in Bangkok.


This was Sunday December 2, 2012.  It was an incredibly beautiful day with temperatures in the high 70's.  It took us a while to wander under the pavilion to figure out what we wanted to eat.


We had great views of the Palm River as we ate our delicious Thai food at the picnic tables.



We were invited to see the inside of the temple.  There was a beautiful gong I wanted to strike three times.


It was a lovely brunch with great friends - thanks to Anice:


3 comments:

  1. Hi Becky, Looks like you a nice time in Florida. Happy Spring to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Becky just stopping by to see anything new. I too have fallen behind my blogging on ranch life. So I figure if I go out and do some blogger visiting I might spur some creativity to get one out. So many projects and out doors gardening to keep me plenty of busy. We had a month of rain in June which totally put a growth stop on my vegetable garden. I had planted lots of squash and most of it died. I had planted cumbers out in the garden and a container in the greenhouse. The greenhouse contain at this time is over 6 feet long while the ones I planted outside are only 6 inches. As we had so much rain the mosquitoes are eating us alive. I can only go in the garden to work mid day in the heat when they are hiding. As the heat is back I soak my shirt and hat and go to work for a couple of hours. Kept me nice and cool. Well I know I should be blogging all this instead of writing long comments in everyone's comment box. lol Anyway hope your gardening is going well this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hard to believe that this is America at all from the pictures.
    Lady's only trip - shame. Perhaps the Friday afternoon jammers would still be hanging about as consolation.

    ReplyDelete